How early can I drop off my child at school?
We offer before-care starting at 8:00AM. If a child is dropped off before 8:45AM, he/she will be placed in before-care. Teachers are busy getting their rooms ready for the day and cannot take children into their classes until 8:45AM.
How late can I bring my child and still have drop off service?
We will be in the lobby ready for drop off until 9:05AM. After this time, you will have to walk your child to class.
What is Outdoor Education?
We take a multidisciplinary approach to curriculum enrichment; of course, learning occurs outside as well as in a classroom. Outdoor education encompasses learning about the environment, conservation, and gardening, and includes participating in outdoor adventure and recreation.
How will I know how my child is progressing in school?
Teachers do assessments two times each year: at the beginning and end. These assessments help both teacher and parent see how the child is progressing. Two parent-teacher conferences are scheduled each year to discuss this progress.
What safety precautions does PB&J have in order?
We want to give parents every assurance that our school is safe. We have gone to great lengths to ensure the safety and security of our staff — especially your children — by investing in infrastructure, technology, and training.
- There are two security doors through which parents and guests must pass to get to the classrooms.
- Building entry requires a keycode entry.
- Hallway entry requires a fingerprint scan
- A daily log is emailed directly to both parents via ProCare Connect.
- There is a video camera in every classroom and playground so that parents can view their children during the day.
- Parents are given three-car tags for the pick-up line. If a person in the pick-up line does not have the car tag, we will check their ID and ensure they are on the “Authorized Persons for Pick-Up List” for that child. If that person is not, we will not release the child to them until notified by the parent.